Full detox, cleanses, and juicing all help rid the body of heavy metals and other toxins. However, certain detox methods are linked to various discomforts such as sore throat, constipation, and body aches. These symptoms may also include nausea, skin rashes, and flu-like conditions.
In this article, we will give you tips on how to effectively detoxify – without resorting to juicing and cleanses. While there are no remedies more effective than proper diet and exercise, other treatments such as chelation, dry brushing, and alternative medicine may prove just as efficient.
- Diet – This is a no-brainer. Eating a healthy, balanced diet promotes overall health and helps keep diseases such as cancer and heart disease at bay. A diet high in fiber helps detoxify the colon and bowels and may stave off colorectal cancer. Supplementing your body with the right nutrients help eradicate toxins and metals that are otherwise detrimental to your health.
- Physical activity – Another no-brainer, exercise induces sweating that effectively flushes out unwanted toxins from the body. Working out is also beneficial for the body’s circulation and may facilitate faster detox.
- Sauna/Steam – Sweating is a good way to rid the body of unwanted toxins. Going to saunas and steam rooms open the skin’s pores, thereby excreting the toxins out of the body. This also helps relieve respiratory symptoms such as colds and bronchitis.
- Dry brushing – As the name suggests, this involves rubbing the entire body with a dry brush. This method helps eliminate dead skin and improve circulation.
- Massage – Massages help remove minute toxins and promote surface level circulation.
- Acupuncture – This alternative medicine staple helps regulate and increase energy flow in the body. The treatment may help expedite detox my promoting blood circulation in certain areas that are hard to reach such as the lower back.
- Deep breathing – Deep breathing helps the body get additional oxygen and eliminate extra carbon dioxide from the lungs. It is a well known fact that oxygen fuels the cells. You take in more fuel and the body runs more efficiently.
- Sleep – Sleep helps the body eliminate unwanted toxins and resets organs back to square one. Adequate sleep helps the brain get rid of neurotoxins, so getting eight hours of sleep a night is truly essential for the body.
- Avoiding high toxin zones – Air and water quality play a key role in the body’s chemical components. People inadvertently inhale or ingest toxins and metals by way of air and water pollution. Identifying high toxin zones and avoiding them may do your body a huge favor.
- Chelation – Big word. Chelation is a fast and effective way to rid the body of hazardous chemicals. This practice involves detoxification through an intravenous solution. However, naturopathic chelation treatment may prove just as effective as IV treatment in removing toxins.
Superfoods as natural chelation treatment
Superfoods such as citrus fruits and dark, green vegetables may help you achieve your detox goals without resorting to intravenous therapy.
Cruciferous, leafy vegetables are high in alpha lipoic acid (ALA), a natural antioxidant that captures free radicals. ALA also binds with metallic compounds such as mercury and arsenic, effectively eliminating them from the body’s circulation. Spinach, kale, and broccoli contain high levels of ALA.
Citrus fruits such as lemon, lime, and grapefruit all contain high levels of pectin in their rinds. When ingested, pectin becomes an effective detox compound capable of excreting heavy metal deposits in the body.
Fermented foods contain vast amounts of probiotics that help promote detoxification. Sauerkraut, kimchi, kefir and many other fermented foods help eliminate heavy metals from the body.
Chlorella is a type of green algae that when taken in powder or tablet form expedites the body’s detoxification process. Taking chlorella with cilantro, another highly-effective chelating agent, further boosts this effect.
Learn more about dietary toxins (and how to eliminate them) by reading TOXINS.news.